- When the firmware is reinstalled, all personal files and settings stored on internal flash are DELETED (your PND applications and all data on your SD cards will not be touched).
Your Pandora will revert to it's default settings and show the first boot wizard on bootup.
- Remember that your Pandora will turn on as soon as a charger is connected. It's also not possible to completely power down a Pandora that's connected to an external power supply.
- Even while charging, a Pandora can be rebooted, either by software (for example, during the installation process below), or with the reboot hotkey: Hold the Pandora button on the keyboard, and flick the power switch to the right.
- Do not connect an external power supply while the battery is removed.
You can download the latest version of the official firmware here:
In case you need them, you can download older firmware relases here.
This package includes all the files required for a full reflash. Please only use it if you really need to. Reflashing CAN solve some problems, but it's not the magical tool that can fix everything. Before reflashing, you should always try to find another solution. You can get help at the Support Section at the boards.
If you ever need to reflash the firmware: it's not a hard thing to do. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
- You need an SD card formatted with the FAT32 filesystem (default on Windows). Extract the contents of the firmware .zip file to the root (top level) directory of that card.
- Make sure your Pandora is turned off (remove the battery in case it crashes or doesn't turn off by using normal means).
- Insert the SD card into your Pandora's first slot (the one on the left, closer to headphone jack).
- Press and hold the right shoulder button ('R'), then turn the power on (if you removed the battery, insert it while holding 'R').
- A text menu should appear on screen. Switch to "boot from SD1" using the d-pad, and select this entry with either the 'B' or 'X' controller button.
- Wait for the flash process to finish. Connect a charger to be sure the battery doesn't run out while flashing. Press enter when asked to do so.
- If you use an external power supply, the device will reboot. Othwerwise, it should turn off - in this case press power (without holding 'R') to turn it back on.
- It should then start it's first boot process which might take up to 15 minutes. Be sure to wait for it to finish, otherwise firmware corruption might happen. The installation process will show some warnings, which can be safely ignored.
- When everything is set up, you will be guided through the first boot wizard.
All the firmwares can be found here.
Advanced users can get raw firmware images and rootfs (for SD Card bootup) as well as older versions here.
For an overview of new features since the previous "final" SuperZaxxon 1.50 (2012-06), have a look at the SuperZaxxon 1.52 release announcement thread.
SuperZaxxon 1.50 can be upgraded to 1.52 without reinstallation by downloading and running the Pandora SuperZaxxon updater PND.
Versions after SuperZaxxon 1.52 come with an online firmware update utility: Just select System -> Upgrade Pandora OS from the Pandora menu to download the latest system packages (needs working internet connection).
Community Codec Package - for Pandora OS, Release 2010-05
Due to licensing issues, the Pandora does not have any licensed codecs like MP3 or MPEG-Video installed on the default OS. You can install them using this Codec Package. This package will install Gnome-MPlayer as well as a lot of audio / video-plugins and enables NTFS-support. To install it, simply download the .PND-Package and place it into either the /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop - Folder on your SD-Card. Simply start it and follow the on-screen instructions. You can remove the .PND-Package from the card once it has been installed.
- Legal Notice
Patent and copyright laws operate differently depending on which country you are in. Please obtain legal advice if you are unsure whether a particular patent or restriction applies to a media format you wish to use in your country.
- The Codec Package enables NTFS-Support and installs the following packages
boost-date-time_1.41.0-r8.1.5, boost-thread_1.41.0-r8.1.5, directfb_1.4.2-r0.5, gnash_0.8.5-r6.5, gnome-mplayer_0.9.9.2-r10.0.5, gst-plugin-alaw_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-alpha_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-alphacolor_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-alsaspdif_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-annodex_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-apetag_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-audiofx_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-auparse_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-autodetect_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-avi_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-bayer_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-bz2_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-cairo_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-cdxaparse_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-cutter_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-debug_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-deinterlace_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-dfbvideosink_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-dvb_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-dvdspu_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-efence_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-effectv_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-equalizer_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-esd_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-faac_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-faad_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-festival_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-filter_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-flvdemux_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-flxdec_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-freeze_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-gamma_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-gdkpixbuf_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-goom_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-goom2k1_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-gsm_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-h264parse_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-halelements_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-icydemux_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-id3demux_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-interleave_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-ivorbis_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-jack_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-jpeg_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-level_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-matroska_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-metadata_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-modplug_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-monoscope_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-mpeg4videoparse_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-mpegtsparse_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-mpegvideoparse_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-mulaw_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-multifile_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-multipart_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-mve_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-navigationtest_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-nsf_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-nuvdemux_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-ossaudio_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-png_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-pulse_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-qtdemux_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-rawparse_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-replaygain_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-rfbsrc_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-rtp_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-rtpmanager_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-rtsp_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugins-bad_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugins-bad-apps_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugins-bad-meta_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-sdpelem_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-selector_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugins-good_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugins-good-apps_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugins-good-meta_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-smpte_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-sndfile_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-souphttpsrc_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-spectrum_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-speed_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-speexresample_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-stereo_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-tta_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-udp_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-vcdsrc_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-video4linux2_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-videobalance_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-videobox_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-videocrop_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-videoflip_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-videomixer_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-videosignal_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-vmnc_0.10.6-r2.1, gst-plugin-wavenc_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-wavparse_0.10.13-r1.1, gst-plugin-y4menc_0.10.6-r2.1, libaudiofile0_0.2.6-r8.5, libdiscid0_0.2.2-r0.5, libdvdcss2_1.2.10-r1.5, libdvdread3_0.9.7-r1.5, libesd0_0.2.36-r3.5, libfaad0_2.0-r2.5, libgdbm3_1.8.3-r3.5, libgif4_4.1.6-r2.5, libgnashamf_0.8.5-r6.5, libgnashbase_0.8.5-r6.5, libgpod_0.7.92-r0.5, libldap-2.4-2_2.4.21-r0.5, libmusicbrainz3-6_3.0.2-r1.5, libneon25_0.25.5-r4.5, libpulse0_0.9.15-r9.6.5, libpulsecommon_0.9.15-r9.6.5, libsamplerate0_0.1.7-r1.5, libxss1_1.2.0-r1.5, mplayer_0.0+1.0rc3+svnr30165-r20.5, mplayer-common_0.0.1-r1.5.